Shortly after the goat incident, we left the church and went deeper into the Namyoya bush. The roads were so bad that we had to keep getting in out and out of the bus so the driver wouldn't get us stuck in the mud. We met a family that is sponsored through GFR by our team member, Dan. We were greeted with much joy and appreciation throughout the whole community. There was singing and dancing, and we jumped right in with the celebration. The family that Dan sponsors gave him a chicken. The chicken drove the two hour bus ride home with us and is now living in our front yard. We are hoping it will give us fresh eggs for breakfast.
Today was another eventful day in Uganda. Tomorrow morning at 6am we will be leaving to go to Fort Portal and Kamwenge. Those two villages are located in the west of Uganda, close to the Congo. I will not have internet access for two days which means I will not be able to blog for some time. Until then, enjoy these pictures.




Also, at home today my family is having a party for my aunt and uncle as well as my grandpa. I'm sad I'll miss it, but I'm so happy I'm here. So... Happy 25th Anniversary, Aunt Laurie and Uncle Mike! Happy birthday, Papa Fire! I love you all and am sorry I can't be there.
3 comments:
jimbo.. the party went good.. i gave the blog address to aunt barb.. and to john and rose.. the sox have won 3 in a row,, and they scored 12 runs today and 12yesterday.. grandma and grandpa took mag and greg to the game sat. night crede hit 2 homers.. mom went nuts as usual. crede has 5 homers in 3 games.. good to hear your voice today.. keep in touch when you get back from your journey to the new village.. be careful. love dad
the service sounded like quite an experience. i can't wait to see all of the pictures. hope everything is going well. looking forward to next blog. love you
sounds awesome jamie, I wish i could be there.
Post a Comment