Monday, June 2, 2008

New York

Our stay in New York so far has been disappointing. It's not so much the location as it is the situation. I can't stand being idle in this city for days while I could be in Uganda doing effective work and meeting amazing people. I'm disappointed our stay in Africa will be shortened by a few days, but what can we do?

Last night our entire team went to the Mets game. It was a good time. Today, we have to check out of our hotel in about half an hour. The plan is to take some sort of transportation (buses or subways don't reach us in Queens) to the city. We'll prob
ably just hang out at Central Park until we can go to the airport and wait for our flight. We're flying out at 11:30 tonight to London. I'm dreading that 8 hour flight, but I haven't exactly caught up on sleep yet so hopefully I can sleep a lot on the plane. Well it's probably time for Jackie and I to stop avoiding repacking and get going!

2 comments:

tracee said...

just thought you might be interested in this-- obama clinched democratic nomination today

Caitlin said...

Ohhhhh, I miss you.

I'm sorry to hear that your trip so far has been a bit crazy, but I know that it's going to be absolutely incredible when you finally get to Uganda.

I love you and I hope to hear from you soon, m'lady!