Yesterday I headed out for my trip. I arrived at O'Hare airport on time, got through security with no problems, and met up with my teammates (Jackie, Harrison, Dan, Brian, Bill, Andy, and Terry). As I waited anxiously with our group, my excitement grew. I was so optimistic about the trip. I could barely wait to board our flight... but I had to wait. Our flight to New York got delayed about 90 minutes because of weather in New York. Well, we then arrived at JFK at about 5:30pm eastern time. Our next flight out to Brussels was scheduled for 5:55pm so we were cutting it close with our delay. When we got to our gate we saw our Brussels flight was then delayed until 6:30, no big deal, right? Wrong. 6:30 came and went, and we did not board. The airline told us at 8pm they would decide a new flight time. The new flight time did not work out well. There was no way for us to make our connecting flight to Entebbe once we got to Brussels. If we waited for the next flight to Brussels we would not be able to get a flight out of Belgium to Entebbe until June 4th. To make it short, what ended up happening was that we have to stay in New York until Monday night at 11:35pm when we will fly out to London. We'll be in London for about 10 hours (which I admit, I'm a little excited for), and then we will finally fly out to Entebbe Tuesday night.
Because of the time differences, we will end up in Uganda Wednesday morning local time instead of the original plan of being there very late Sunday night. I'm pretty upset about missing so much time in Uganda though. Besides all that we've had insane transportation and hotel accommadation p
No comments:
Post a Comment