My VISTA position is "Family Resource Center Network Coordinator." Long title, right? Basically, I coordinate a network of all family resource centers throughout Mendocino County. I work with the directors of 10 centers. It's a lot of office work and behind-the-scenes type stuff. It sounds boring, but it's really not. I love the nonprofit world.
However, I do occasionally get to go out and do community outreach. It's pretty great because it lets me see the other side of my work, the actual people being served. Here's a picture of my co-worker and me at the local Children's Health Fair.
I only have three months left in my VISTA service year. I can't believe how quickly it's passed! I am so grateful for all that I've learned both professionally and personally. I can't imagine a better place to have spent the last 9 months!
1 comment:
sure looks like you are enjoying your community service job. have fun the rest of your stay in cal. , you never know where the future may have you going. love dad
Post a Comment