I have finished my first year of grad school and am ready to move on to the next phase... Peace Corps! I have just received my official invitation.
I will be serving in Cameroon as a Community Development Agent working on a community health project. I leave for staging on September 15, 2010.
The first three months of my service, September 18-December 2, will be my pre-serving training. During this time I will be with all the other PC volunteers in Cameroon. We will be trained in community health, culture, language, safety, etc. After this period, we will all be moved to our separate locations around the country. My service will then continue for two years, December 2, 2010 - December 3, 2012.
I am extremely thrilled about my placement. All I have really ever wanted to do is serve in Africa. I am so happy it will be in such a fundamentally essential sector like health. Thank you everyone for all your support. I will continue to update my blog as my journey progresses. Keep an eye out!

No comments:
Post a Comment