Tuesday, September 14, 2010

And so it begins!

Tomorrow I officially begin my Peace Corps journey. My flight to Philadelphia is at 7am, yikes! After a day and a half of orientation in Philly, I leave Thursday night from New York to Brussels and then on to Yaounde! I will officially be in my country of service on Friday.
I am so incredibly excited to begin this phase of my life. It is crazy to think one of my life goals is about to become my present-day life. I really am feeling a mix of emotions: excited, nervous, anxious, sad, overwhelmed... I'm sure this is normal, but it is a little crazy.
Thank you to all who have supported me in this endeavor. My grad school family, friends, and family all mean a lot to me and have been so helpful. The well wishes are much appreciated. I will miss all of you and hope to keep in contact through email and skype.
It is quite possible the next time you hear from me, I will be in Cameroooooon!

À bientôt!

2 comments:

Kaitlin Sue said...

Good Luck Jamie! I cannot wait to read all about your adventures in Africa...AGAIN! =)

Can't wait to be there too in about 2 years!

tracee said...

We are all so proud of you Jamie! I am so happy that your dream is coming true.